Search IRA

Change Degree Program: Add, Modify, or Close a Minor, Concentration, or Track

What are Minors, Concentrations, and Tracks? 

Minors, concentrations, and tracks are collections of coursework through which students gain specialized knowledge in a particular field or discipline. The minimum and maximum number of credits vary depending on the collection of coursework and must be in balance with and compliment the total credits and related requirements of the “parent” degree program.  Minors, concentrations, and tracks appear on the official transcript of the University.

The following basic guidelines relate to creating, modifying or closing a minor, concentration, or track for an existing degree program.