Analytics is the discovery, interpretation, and communication of significant patterns in data. By providing information and insights we might not otherwise detect, analytics can strengthen our decision-making and help us ask and answer complex questions with evidence.
Interested in learning analytics? Whether you are just beginning your analytics journey or are an experienced practitioner, check out the resources available to UVA faculty and staff for learning, developing, and leveraging analytics to support University business decision-making and operations.
Learn and Customize UBI Analytics (Powered by Qlik)
- How to use UBI
- Visit the Data and Analytics Community for additional resources and training guides. (Available to Academic Staff and Faculty)
- How to customize UBI Modules (available on community, restricted to Data and Analytics Community users)
Need additional UBI support? Email [email protected]
Take a Deeper Dive into Qlik Platform Functionality
- Visit the Qlik Continuous Classroom (QCC) and login in the upper right corner with your email ([email protected]) and password. If you do not already have a Qlik Account, please create an account using the “sign up” link below the login box. Access is available to UVA faculty and staff.
If you do not already have a Qlik Account, please create an account using the “sign up” link below the login box. Access is available to UVA faculty and staff.
- Once logged in, navigate through the options on the top navigation bar. Click on the arrow next to “Continuous Classroom” to choose a course or “Get Started” for an overview of QCC.
- Take note of the data literacy course offerings.
- Explore Qlik functionality in our Discovery Qlik Sense environment (available on community, restricted to UBI users)
- Refer to guides for creating analytics (available on community, restricted to UBI users)
Learn Analytics Beyond UBI
For UVA faculty and staff, visit the UVA Academic Data & Analytics Program in Workday learning for both UBA-developed and general courses via LinkedIn learning. You can also browse and search all courses on Workday learning to find more data & analytics courses.
Connect with Analytics Practitioners & Experts
- For a specific need, request data or analysis
- Join the Collaborative Analytics Projects Community, a group of practitioners who meet frequently to work on data visualizations, data modeling, and other data projects. Contact [email protected] to learn more.
- Reach out to [email protected] to learn more about participating in the pilot Data & Analytics Catalog + community currently underway.
- Participate in the Student Success Analytics Practitioners Community on EDUCAUSE
- Refer to information security at UVA for security policies, training, and more.
- Request access to UVA systems (including UBI)
Refer to data governance related university policies, standards, and guidance including: