(CIRP) Freshman Survey
Cooperative Institutional Research Program (CIRP) Freshman Survey
The CIRP Freshman Survey is administered to incoming first-year students. The instrument collects information about incoming students' academic preparedness, expectations, behaviors, values and goals, and financial concerns.
The Cooperative Institutional Research Program (CIRP) Freshman Survey is administered by the Higher Education Research Institute (HERI) at UCLA and collects information from students entering college across the country. The instrument asks incoming students about their established behaviors in high school, academic preparedness, admissions decisions, expectations of college, interactions with peers and faculty, student values and goals, student demographic characteristics, and concerns about financing college.
UVA has participated in the CIRP Freshman Survey for fifty years. IRA currently hosts survey results from CIRP for the years 1988-2019. To access survey results from individual CIRP surveys conducted between 2007-2019 please request survey results by contacting IRA at the bottom of this page. Results from the years 1966-2006 are not currently available.
- 2019 UVA Institutional Profile results
- 2016 UVA Institutional Profile results
- 2016 UVA Infographic results
- 2013 UVA Institutional Profile results
- 2010 UVA Institutional Profile results
- 2007 UVA Institutional Profile results
- 2006 UVA Institutional Profile results
CIRP Freshman Survey Question Construct Reports (For Benchmarking)
- 2019 UVA Construct Report
- 2016 UVA Construct Report
- 2013 UVA Construct Report
- 2010 UVA Construct Report
CIRP Freshman Survey Question Questionnaires by Year
- 2019 survey questionnaire
- 2016 survey questionnaire
- 2013 survey questionnaire
- 2010 survey questionnaire
- 2007 survey questionnaire
- 2006 survey questionnaire